Monday 13 February 2012

A Lone Valentine

It's February 14

I am sitting in my room alone again,

Staring out at the beautiful colours painting the outside world.

The glowing sun touches my skin, telling me I should not be there.

But I was.

The television was blaring some romance film I didn't care about.

There was a fine tune playing about love. About happiness. About companionship. About friends.

And suddenly the walls screeched at me, a scream so silent yet powerful.

It was yelling at me, to not be there alone. To be with someone.

But I can't.

I was sitting on a half of a love seat, still wishing for someone to sit next to me.

My arms were desperately searching for someone to hold on to.

I felt the need of a proper embrace again, one I had not felt for a long time.

I wished I could caress someone on my chest.

I wished I could find a human pillow to lie on.

We'd talk, forever and ever.

To most, this is a day to celebrate the love.

To me, it is a day to celebrate loneliness.

It is a lone Valentine.

Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment